In broad terms, we use your data for the following purposes:
• to track your activity on our digital platforms
• to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences
• to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms
• to personalise and/ tailor any communications that we may send you
• for profiling purposes to enable us to personalise and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us
When you sign up with us to receive our newsletter, register to receive marketing communications from us (and/or our sponsors and partners), enter one of our competitions, fill in one of our forms or otherwise expressly provide us with your personal information, we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us and may use it to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms, provide products and services you request from us, and carry out profiling and market research.
When you interact with our digital platforms, we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit. This is primarily to help us better understand how our fans use our digital platforms to enable us to create better content and more relevant communications:
• how you have reached our digital platform and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used
• your browser type, versions and plug-ins, and your operating system
• your journey through our digital platform, including which links you click on and any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, and other page interaction information
• what content you like or share
• which adverts you saw and responded to
• which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to
• information collected in any forms you complete
We may also infer your country of location from the IP address you have used to access our digital platforms and we may analyse which marketing activity led to your taking specific action on our digital platforms.Disclosure of your information
We may share your data with third parties
(a) if we are under a legal or regulatory duty to do so
(c) to lawfully assist the police or security services with the prevention and detection of crime or terrorist activity
(d) where such disclosure is necessary to protect the safety or security of any persons, and/or
(e) otherwise as permitted under applicable law.
We may share your data with our carefully selected sponsors and partners (as may change from time to time) but we will only do this if you have consented to receive marketing relating from our sponsors and partners or if one of the conditions in the paragraph above applies.Cookies
In common with many other website operators, we use standard technology called 'cookies' on our website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.More about your information - your rights
We will securely retain your information for a period of five years and in accordance with applicable law.
If you wish to submit a request that your data be deleted, please email us at [email protected]
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please email us at [email protected]
if you wish to exercise this right.
We may charge a small fee towards the cost of administering any request you make. The current fee is £10.00.
If you are still not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may write to the Information Commissioner’s Office at the following address:
Information Commissioner's Office